Whether you're moving to Jamaica or from Jamaica it's imperative that you choose the right international moving company. There is much at stake especially if you are shipping a full container and much to consider. For instance price alone should not be the sole criteria for determining who to choose. We advise our clients to look at the value offered.
One international moving company may cost less but the services they actually provide are also less when compared to another shipper whose cost may be $100 more but they provide a full set of services for the money charged. We have been providing both local and overseas relocation services for 21 years so we know this.
Let's look at the two most likely types of international relocation and what we offer.
For the expat moving to Jamaica
If you are an expat moving to Jamaica for work we're sure you have questions like:
- How am I going to pack all of my things?
- Who is the best shipping company I can engage?
- Who will handle all of the required documentation?
Well there's no need to worry. No matter where you are coming from we have international partners who will efficiently wrap and pack your stuff and have them shipped to Jamaica with no hassle on your part.
Some of the services we offer:
- Processing your paper work
- Arranging the best deal with the carrier
- Getting your items delivered and set up
Jamaican Returning residents
It is now the norm for migrants to return home having lived and worked in a foreign country for years but before you start packing to return to jamaica be sure you qualify as a returning resident.
Criteria for returning residents:
- Be Jamaican of at least 18 years of age
- Have lived overseas for a minimum of 3 years
- Non Jamaican whose spouse is a returning resident
- Jamaican student who has studied overseas for at least one year but less than three years
If you qualify then you will become eligible for duty concessions on your belongings see the list of entitlements.